Edible DEX is an optional add-on routine that will enable your delivery staff to download their delivery information from a hand-held PDA directly into your client's system.
At the time of product delivery, instead of printing out and exchanging signed paper invoices or other needed delivery documentation, more and more end-users (such as supermarket chains) are requiring vendors to download the data directly into their system at time of delivery. This completely eliminates the need to have paperwork but it obviously has to be a highly secure routine since it involves an on-line update of the customer's data-base.
After extensive on-site testing, our company has been approved to utilize the DEX interface by a number of these chains. The module works as follows:
- At the time of delivery, the driver will call up the order on the PDA
- The driver can then make any needed changes to the order within the PDA; for example if there is a short delivery or if an item is refused by the customer.
- Once the products and quantities have been agreed upon, the customer can sign for them on the PDA.
- Finally, the driver attaches the PDA to a standard DEX cable that is attached to the customer's delivery computer and all of the relevant information is then downloaded into their computer.
- At some future time, the delivery information (including sales information and customer's acceptance signature) is electronically transferred into Edible Software.
Edible DEX is a valuable sales resource, since it will enable you to acquire more customer as the demand for this routine increases. it assures you of continued sales to the customer since very few distribution companies are able to provide this routine and then have it be accepted for live operations.